Happy New Year !!! for the president, you and everyone.
Wish you all the best.
Here is a monthly report for KMUTNB-FERNUNI cooperation activities for the last month of this year (December 2019).
1. December 2-3, 2019. Prof.Unger took part in the DAAD pre-season interviews for scholarship applicants. He figured out that too little high-level candidates apply and strongly encourage KMUTNB students to apply in order to increase the visibility of University. Demonstrate a high education level and support cooperation projects in 2020. DAAD pre-selection interview is at the German embassy.
2. December 10, 2019. Prof.Unger invited us (Assoc.Prof.Dr.Phayung, Assoc.Prof.Dr.Anirach and me) as a project team to have dinner at Yod Larb Ped Udon, Rama 9. Five of DAAD and MRS Project participants will prepare and sign a memorandum of cooperation to use their resources for research in NLP together and bundle the computation performance of their Labs.
3. December 13-15, 2019. Dr.Mario Kubek and Ph.D. Supaporn Simchareon participated and presented their paper to the RI2C conference at Anoma hotel.
4. December 19-21, 2019. Prof.Unger participated in the ICNGC2019 conference as a keynote speaker at the Duangtawan Hotel, Chaingmai. We arrived at Chaingmai on December 18 and had dinner together with Prof.Gerlad Quirchmayr from the University of Vienna. Thank you very much
for such good support from you for a welcome dinner.
5. December 23, 2019. Prof.Unger attended to the proposal exam as a co-advisor of a PhD candidate Sureeporn Nualnim. She also applied for Bi-national Ph.D. program. Five of DAAD and MRS Project participants will prepare and sign a memorandum of cooperation to use their resources for research in NLP together and bundle the computation performance of their Labs.
6. December 25-28, 2019. Prof.Unger and Dr.Mario visited The Faculty of Industrial Technology and Management, Prachinburi campus in order to listen to the progress of MRS project from Assoc.Prof.Dr. Anirach and his students. They also joined a new year party of FITM in the evening.
7. December 30, Prof. Wolfgang A Halang from FernUniversität in Hagen arrived Thailand and stay for a while. He is one of the keynote speakers for NLIR2020.
8. FernUniversität in Hagen announced the scholarship and support program called STIBET for foreign students and doctoral candidates from partner institutions of FernUniversität as attached. The application deadline is 27.01.2020.
9. Assoc.Prof.Dr.Phayung convinced the community to hand the 8th CIS letting on the day before NLIR in Prachinburi campus, more participants are expected for both events. For NLIR, five foreign international lecturers agreed to take part. Now, the registration is opened and ready at the website www.itkmutnblms.org/NLIR.
10. The organizers are in contact with the major of the Prachinburi campus in order to support both events and take part in the opening and support of the events. Also, the head of DAAD, Georg Verweyen, again plans to support the event and take part in the opening, and which also the new NLPLab at FITM shall be opened.
11. All organizers asked for support to advertise the planned events in the communities.
12. Prof.Unger was asked and agreed to give an invited lecture for students in Prochinburi campus in February 2020.
13. Dr.Chalermpol Tapsai finished his Ph.D. thesis in Bi-nationalPhD program and will submit his final thesis on January 6th, 2020. Assoc.Prof.Dr.Phayung and finally checked thesis and have their ok. That all the activities for the last month. Thank you very much for such a good support and very friendly from ICC and once again, Happy New Year!!!