First of all, I would like to congratulate to Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Herwig Unger for a recipient of the Honorary Doctorate Degree of Information Technology Academic Year 2018. On behalf of the coordinator KMUTNB-FERNUNI, I would like all of you to come for the Congratulatory Reception for Honorary Doctorates Recipients on November 15, 2019 at KMUTNB.
Here is a monthly report for KMUTNB-FERNUNI cooperation activities in October 2019. I am the hold month in Germany.
- October 9, 2019. Assoc.Prof.Dr.Anirach Assoc.Prof.Dr.Phayung and me arrived Germany for working under supported by DAAD. There is one candidate Binational PhDwho graduated from the Faculty of Information Technology, Dr.Chalearmpol Tapsai accompany us on this trip. We received such a warm welcome from Fern University in Hagen since we arrived.
- October 11, 2019. We had meeting with Prof.Dr.Jörg Desel, Dean of the mathematic and computer science and invited to join the workshop and his 60thanniversary in the afternoon.
- October 11, 2019. The reporter from Fern University in Hagen took us some photos for publishing in the University’s newspaper that Thai Professors come to visit Fern University in Hagen under the cooperation between universities.
- October 17, 2019. Dr.Mario Kubkek brought us to visit Prof.Uwe Quasthoff at the University of Leipzig. We have presented the concept and progress of our project called Medical Recommendation System (MRS). We were invited to have lunch together at the university.
- October 18, 2019. We visited Technical University of Ilmenau where Prof.Unger graduated his PhD.
- October 24-29, 2019. We participated to the 12th Conference on Autonomous Systems at Cala Millor, Spain. Prof.Gerald Quirchmayr from the university of Vienna also participated in this conference. He discussed with Assoc.Prof.Dr.Phayung for the future cooperation (agreed to continue for the next three years of MOU). Fortunately, he will participate to the IC2IT2020conference at Pataya and NLIR2020 that will be held at KMUTNB, Prachinburi Campus. For the autonomous systems conference, there are three tutorials; Assoc.Prof.Dr.Anirach conducted one of them in the topic of “NetworkX” which is mandatory for all German and International PhD students. Nevertheless, Asst.Prof.Supaporn Simcharoen PhD students under supervision of Prof.Unger also presented the progress of her research in the topic of “Dynamic Clustering for Segregation of Co-occurrence Graphs”. According to this conference, we had communicated knowledge exchange in collaborative working. It’s more benefits for all of us.